Thursday, September 25, 2008

Get a massage from a blind guy

Today C.J. woke up at 7 a.m. to his alarm blaring and got dressed in scrubs to go to anatomy lab at 7:45. I woke up about 10:30 (because the phone rang) and went down to the radio show to hang out with Pirate Jonny about 11.

When I got home at 12:30 C.J. was packing up his book bag with 400 pounds of books and heading to the library. I put on my bathing suit and walked to the pool. I proceeded to hit the bar for a birthday drink with fellow SO, Jenn (well I just had a water but she had a Pina Colada), and then went with her to get a massage at a place called Soothing Touch on Grand Anse Beach.

All the therapists at Soothing Touch are blind. They've been specially trained through a program at SGU and make a living giving messages. I had a fabulous 30 minute message from a man named Joseph. It was only 60EC or about $20. I decided this massage place was one of my top favorite things about Grenada, right up there with the movie theatre here where all snacks are a dollar and movies are half price on Wednesday.

Jenn and I left feeling super relaxed and happy and then went to IGA to get the special ingredients for her famous and delicious spinach dip, which is the best I've ever had. I think it is because she puts Ranch in it. Let's get real, everything is better with Ranch dressing.

We will be eating the dip tonight for the season premier of Grey's Anatomy, which we will all be watching at her house. I have never watched Grey's Anatomy before but so what, I'm not going to miss a party with spinach dip.

After the grocery store I came home and read for a little bit. I'm reading a dime-store mystery novel about a park ranger who solves murders in national parks. My dad gave it to me. It is pretty good. It makes me want to be a park ranger big time.

Anyway, then Jonathon and Kyla knocked on the door to see if I wanted to go for a walk. I was so glad they stopped by since I was thinking I should exercise but wasn't feeling motivated. So we went on a long walk along Lighthouse Road which is on a peninsula just outside the campus gates. Good views of the sun setting over the ocean.

Now I'm going to shower and get ready to catch the 8:30 bus over to Lance Aux Expines where Jenn lives. I haven't seen C.J. since we parted ways around lunchtime. There are no signs that he has been home since then. I expect he'll be along soon because he has to be getting hungry. After dinner he'll go back to the library for a bit. I'll probably be home around 11:30, which is about the time he'll stop studying for the day.

And that's just another day in the life, folks - reporting live from the island of Grenada.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Is it Nevada Barr? If so, one of the books in the series takes place at Half Dome.

Kim B said...

I read all those Nevada Barr books too! It made me want to visit all the national parks...except for the part where people are getting murdered in the parks

PS I'm glad you enjoyed your "message" from the blind guy :)