Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pregnancy update

Went to doc this morning. Doc was in surgery. Waited several hours. When he was about to get back to the nurse invited me in to take my vitals. Realized I forgot all my records at home. Said I would run home and get them real quick. Got to my car and had a flat tire. Nice guy fixed it for me with Fix-a-Flat and compressor C.J. put in the trunk (thank you male brain). Drove home. Shed a few tears because I was hot, tired and annoyed. C.J. decided to go back to doc with me. Got there. Waited 30 more minutes. Saw doctor. Examined me. Said I was effaced 60%. Which doesn't mean anything. In a very subtle way told us we should have sex to get things going. Cannot believe how many people have told me this in the last two weeks. Never talked about my sex life so much. Scheduled an ultrasound and non-stress test for Friday to check fetal well being. Then will decide to induce Saturday or Monday or Tuesday. Left doctor. Went to tire shop to fix tire. Went to Western Union to pay electric bill. Stopped by mechanic to tighten belt on car. Bought some bananas and cucumbers at a produce stand. Came home and cooked tacos. Laid in bed and quizzed C.J. on immuno questions. Cleaned house. Waiting for parents to get here. Still pregnant.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still pregnany may have lost its charm for you, but what a lucky little boy to come into this world with you and CJ as parents. Best wishes to all three of you!

Love,
Nicki and Daniel

Unknown said...

Obviously meant still pregnant, but pregnany is kind of appropriate in a way. =)

rambler said...

yeah baby!!! wooo hoooo! put those prostaglandins to work! MRRREAOW!!

by the way i am checking in on you guys every day and sending all my positive energies your way!
love, amber

Ashley Clay and Ella J said...

Hi Julie! I'm Nicki's friend and an occasional secret reader of your blog :) (it's so fun to read and reminds me of when Clay and I lived in Hawaii). I've also been pregnant and delivered on April 19. I thought I'd "out" myself as a reader of your blog by sharing with you my first blog post (you've inspired me!). Thought I'd share our intimate birth story with ya...don't worry, it's a good one! Not one of those terrible one's women like to share with you right about now :). Good luck and enjoy your baby!