First, I've noticed, I love to look at pictures of my own kid. He can be in the same room, and I'll be looking through pictures of him on my camera or staring at the photo on the refrigerator. I think he is so cute in pictures. When I see him captured on film I am so amazed by him, even if I can see him in his swing 3 feet from me. Isn't that weird?
Also, there is a new form of communication at our house where C.J. and I are always referring to each other in the third person while addressing the baby. And we are no longer C.J. and Julie, we are Mommy and Daddy.
If I want C.J. to do something, I will tell the baby. For example, I will look at Liam and say "maybe Daddy can change your diaper now," even though C.J. is standing right next to me.
Or C.J. will say "what is Mommy going to do today," and he's talking to me. But he's saying it to the baby.
We now only exist as the people we are in relation to the baby. And the baby is at the center of all of our conversations, even though he obviously has no idea what we are saying. It's silly, I admit. I don't know what has come over us.
Last, I feel like baby wipes are the most amazing invention ever. They're not just for diaper changes. They are for wiping up spit up and cleaning down counters and washing hands and spot checking dirt on the floor. I recommend that everyone have some laying around, kid or no kid.
And that's all I've got for now. Here are a few pictures from our trip to Texas.
First, a cute picture of Liam. Mommy loves looking at this one.
Lest you think I have nothing else to talk about but my baby - here's me holding an alligator at Gator Country. It's a restaurant surrounded by ponds with alligators in them. Only in Southeast Texas, people.
This is why our next child has to be a girl. There are a lot of Winckler men in the world already. They barely fit on this enormous couch - Uncle Steve, Ethan, Keith, Pop, Tyler, Liam, C.J. and Korbin
1 comment:
Your baby is ADORABLE!!! :) He looks exactly like you too. I love it.
Did you know I had my bouncing baby boy on Monday? (Clark) And,,,I am happy to report that he looks like me too...:)
Post a Comment