Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween. It is one of my favorite holidays. I love candy apples and pumpkin carving and Halloween parties and little kids trick-or-treating. I love the creativity and inhibition of dressing in costume. I love the once-a-year-it's-o.k. gorging on bad food.

Grenadians do not celebrate Halloween. But all the students from North America make up for it. The SO organization threw a great event for families today on campus. It included trick-or-treating, games, face painting, a bounce house, treats and a costume contest.

Liam's costume turned out really cute and easy - good thing I didn't attempt the lobster outfit. I threw together a last minute Gypsy ensemble for myself and C.J. came as a tired med student. He just finished a week of midterms this morning, so we were glad to have him along for the fun.

It was the perfect way to celebrate Liam's first Halloween.



The Puppy, ready for the big party

Not so scary witch and genie
Scary skeleton aka my buddy, Paul

The cutest little hula girl

Trick-or-treat!

Gypsy, puppy and ladybug
A rare smile caught on camera

Worn out from too much partying (and studying)

5 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

oh this makes me so sad we couldn't be there with all of zaney's little friends! liam makes the cutest puppy I've ever seen - who needs a real one!? make sure he "trick-or-treats" to #8 so that zane doesn't miss his own little dino too much :(

Anonymous said...

So precious, loved Liam's smile. CJ looks like he's lost some weight??
You look great and as always, I am so happy for you to have such a wonderful group of friends there. Just wish we were doing some of this together too. Boo!

Heather Phillips said...

"Puppeeeeee" as Jackson would say! Too cute! Looks like CJ's hat is hanging on by a thread...does he need a new ATCEMS hat? I know where I can get one for him!

Mitzi's Crafty said...

Awww, Liam is so cute as a puppy! Looked like a fun day.

Shannon said...

Hi Julie! What a beautiful family you have! Liam is the most precious puppy I have ever seen. I found your blog through Jenny's blog and keep up with you guys that way. Hope all is well!