This is a really small community we live in. I mean microscopic.
Yesterday I went to the grocery store. At 2 p.m. on a Thursday I ran into seven people that I know. Four of C.J.'s classmates, an SO, a friend who runs the deli and my former boss from the Grenada Round-the-Island Race. Granted, the container had just arrived with fresh milk, but the store was not crowded - I didn't have to wait in line at all when checking out.
Liam and I walked to the beach at sunset, and we ran into an SO and her son there. We also passed by some friends playing Frisbee at our neighborhood field.
From my front porch I can literally see the homes of six people that I know and that does not count the neighbors in my apartment complex.
Everything we need on the average day is within three miles of our home - campus, Liam's school, the grocery store, the pharmacy, the hardware store, the gas station, several restaurants, five beaches and even the airport.
It may sound creepy but I like it. It's nice to be surrounded by friends and familiar faces. I think I'll miss it, especially if we end up as no-names in the crowded streets of New York.
3 comments:
NICE.
I'll remember your name in NYC :)
My family (husband and 6 month old) and I will be moving to the island in August to begin school. We are planning on making a trip to the island to find an apartment. Was just wondering you could tell me where you live/good places to live?
Post a Comment