My fears of having no visitors since being relocated to New Jersey thankfully have not come true. We've been lucky to have a lot of friends and family drop in to see us.
I have been terrible about documenting all of our guests and have almost no photographs to show for our reunions. A big up to H and Kayla, my parents, Amber, Karen W., the Ford family, Jordan and Corey, sister Kaitlyn, H again, Paula and Marguerite for stopping by or staying a few days. We are so happy to see familiar faces.
Most recently we were honored with a visit from some of the Winckler family - C.J.'s brother Keith, sister-in-law Shantell, and nephews Tyler, Korbin and Ethan were her for their spring break. They were such troopers - they went into The City every day for sightseeing while C.J. and I worked. On the weekend we went to the Statue of Liberty, spent an afternoon in Central Park and walked around Midtown Manhattan.
We loved having them here. Our apartment was transformed into a non-stop fun house. Liam was so sweet playing with his cousins and they adore him.
I only have a few pictures, from the day we went to Liberty Island. I guess I was too caught up in enjoying all the action - kick ball, bubbles, Go Fish, cartoons, memory, laser tag, movies, meals together, lots of laughing, sweet voices saying "Aunt Julie," commiserating on New Jersey drivers, comparing favorite things about NYC, catching up on the news from back home and washing it down with a few cold beers.
Thank you for coming Wincklers, we miss you so much already! We are just a bit heartbroken that you live so far away.
We may not have a lot to show for ourselves in a material sense, but we are rich when it comes to friends and family. We are so grateful to everyone who has come to see us in NJ.
1 comment:
How cool! Can't say I'm a bit jealous that Keith and family make a trek to see you. Don't see nearly enough of my brother. Great pictures!
Post a Comment