Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Halloween 2012

Despite the fact that Thanksgiving just passed, I'm going to finish this post about Halloween. What's a few weeks late in blog time?

I did not make the shepherds pie. The first rule of survival in the season of parenting small children: do not go it alone. When the neighbors invited us out for pizza we said yes, even knowing that restaurants and small children do not mix (adult conversation? not a chance!).

So I'm no Super Mom, but I did finish Liam's scarecrow costume, which was his idea. He told me over and over again he wanted to be a scare crow.

Now isn't this cute?

But, when the time came, Liam chose to go as a stubborn toddler. No costume needed, thanks Mom. Little brother was compliant and didn't give me any trouble over the cow costume. We took a short hay ride with the neighbors to the local block party.

Little trick-or-treaters




But we barely made it out of the driveway when, oops, a flat tire. And here is why I must finish this post, because this is where Liam demonstrated he is just as much a Winckler as he is a Sparks. No, he won't put on a costume, but he will be front and center when the tools come out.

Liam is saying, "I''m fixing it."

And the rest of the kids: "When are we going to get some candy?"

 

So again, what was that? Nature or nurture??! I have never seen C.J. wear a Halloween costume, but he does come from a long line of men who can fix things. This Halloween, Liam made his Daddy proud.

And on a side note, yes, we hit jackpot in the neighbor lottery, again. I've said it before, happiness is having good neighbors. Nothing improves your quality of life like living next to people in the same season as you.

One of my top favorite things about Mississippi: these women!

No comments: