But it seems the very day that I broke my arm, he developed a fascination with drawing. What, Mom, you can't use your left hand? Can you pleeeaasse draw this race care again?
We literally draw race cars and animals and numbers and letters for at least an hour every day.
Not that it makes a big difference if I draw with my right hand or my left, considering my lack of artistic talent. And not that he cares about the quailty of my drawings at this age. I just find it funny that my injury is coinciding with his new love for this activity.
He likes to say "we drawed a race car." Or "we drawed a lion." Then I will say, "we drew" it. And he will say "we drewed a race car."
It's precious. And I see his point. Why is the English language so tricky?
In other news, Graham blew through his six month wardrobe and has now moved on to mostly nine month outfits. He is wearing size three diapers. I am picking him up again and wow, I think he's gained five pounds in the last two and a half weeks.
He is growing like crazy, it's unbelievable. When he goes to day care he's going to look like Will Ferrel in Elf among all those other normal-sized infants.
He is almost three and a half months and he's made that magical transformation from newborn to baby. He is grabbing toys with his hands and bringing them to his mouth and reaching for the dangling animals over his play mat. We've almost got a giggle out of him.
He is still a content, patient and happy little guy and only cries occasionally in the evening if he is tired. We are eternally grateful that he is so easy going.
The hardest part about having two kids is that it's hard to hug them both at once without the little one getting injured. Your love multiplies but your attention becomes divided, and it's a little sad that they have to share. I wish there were two of me sometimes.
Big brother is getting used to it. Sort of.
Today we were looking on the computer at photographs from our trip to the zoo. Graham was sitting in his chair cooing. Liam said, "He's talking to us. He wants to see the animals."
So I said, "should I pick him up so he can see the pictures too?" And Liam said, "yes."
Now that is progress. Especially since just a few days ago when I was holding Graham, Liam said, "how about Daddy hold the baby?" Ha!
It doesn't look like much to me but C.J. says yep, that's broken
Last weekend I woke up to this - Daddy and his boys watching Bambi. Now how sweet is that? (No TV before age two doesn't apply to the second kid, right?)
I drawed the race cars
Daddy drawed them better
Sorry your arm's not working, Mom. Look what I can do with mine!

I can use both arms!
Happy smiles






1 comment:
Loved this little update. Our kids also say "drawed" :) Loved talking with you guys the other night. Wish we were still neighbors and could use skype as a baby monitor. Loved these cute pics of Graham and Liam! So fun to see the differences and how much they are growing!
Post a Comment