Here are some things that make him unique:
- His two bottom teeth are in, and his top two just broke through this week. (Liam didn't get a top tooth until around 10 months)
- He continues to be really relaxed and happy. You'd think he was my Caribbean baby. People comment on how calm he is everywhere we go.
- He is sleeping from about 7 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. and taking two naps a day. Hallelujah. I feel human again.
- He is not mobile. He shows no signs of crawling. If we put him on his belly he just lays there and eventually starts to fuss. I've seen him roll over only about five times. If you put him on his back, that's usually where he stays. (Liam was pulling himself up and crawling by now)
- He likes sitting up (needs our assistance for this). He will sit and grab anything we put in front of him. Toys? Measuring spoon? Spatula? Mommy's bracelet? Fascinating.
- At six months he was 20 lb so he probably weighs more now. He's wearing nine to 12 month clothes.
- He does a little head bob sometimes while he is sitting up. He kind of gets his torso into it and starts bopping around. I thought it was because he was having balance issues at first, but now I realize, he's just having fun.
- He has the cutest dimple above his left eye.
Every day we try to feed him something and every day it's a bit of a struggle. Rice cereal, oatmeal, banana, carrots, sweet potatoes, green peas, green beans, prunes, apple sauce...he's not interested. Just Mommy's milk. That will be all, thank you.
If he were my first kid (who, by the way, had no problem with solid food), I would be worried. But since he's my second kid, I figure he'll grow out of it. It's really just amusing. How can such a little chunk not like real food? You'd think he'd be lapping it up!
He's doing things at his own pace and keeping us enthralled. We love that he has his own personality.
Here's how I like to do it
It's casual
Oh, I better check this out
Now, what am I supposed to do?
Oh mom, no. Not that again.
Is anybody going to help me?
Not a chance, Mom. My lips are sealed.
Sorry, can't. I'm actually really busy looking at my tray.
I said Nooo!
Give me that spoon.
OK, that's better.
Here's a video of a happy baby after we give up on meal time. And I love Liam's voice in the background. Another day in the Mommy life. Precious.










2 comments:
Graham's adorable. I'd so love to get our boys together someday! Zane and I were saying how you guys need to have more kids - you are great parents :)
Paul gave me so much grief about eating! I couldn't take all the wakeups, though, so I got desperate to try stuff. I finally discovered that he wanted to feed himself. So now every meal involves the self-satisfaction of self-feeding (cheerios, tomato bits, fruit bits) and some spoon stuff (so he can get some volume because he gets frustrated by extended time in the chair). Mealtimes have become much happier. Moving out of Mommy's room is what finally helped make headway on sleeping through the night, though.
Post a Comment