Thursday, August 30, 2012

Just a swingin'

The waiting for hurricane isaac to finally make it to Jackson was tougher than the storm itself. By the time it hit us last night it was just heavy rain, fallen branches and a short power outage sometime in the wee hours.

I went back and read an old post about hurricane ike that I wrote almost four years ago, and I realize I am feeling all the same emotions now. I am a little closer to the damage this time but so far away from where all the less fortunate are sleeping tonight. My heart hurts for them.

To ease some anxiety, just as the rain finally started to fall yesterday afternoon, four different neighbor families came over for a hurricane party involving cocktails and a pot luck dinner on our porch. If there is nothing else to be done, why not celebrate?

So I am glad to report that we not only are lucky enough to make it through the storm unscathed, but we are making new friends here in Jackson.

And on Tuesday while the skies were still clear, we made a trip to the park which resulted in baby's first swing on the playground. We're looking forward to seeing the sun again so we can do more of this. He and big brother both loved it.












3 comments:

The Schweitzers said...

I just love your pictures! And from the previous post...my boys are complete opposites. Sometimes if they're not mobile, means they will be great talkers! Focusing on one thing at a time. Of course, mine started talking and hasn't quit since, so enjoy your quiet time.

Adrea said...

Why is Liam wearing a Yankees shirt? Shame on you. We miss y'all and love seeing the pics and reading updates about your journey, take care!

Adrea said...

Why is Liam wearing a Yankees shirt? Shame on you. We miss y'all and love seeing all your pictures and updates about your journey, take care!