The first week wasn't bad. I don't mind his study schedule. It is like back home when we were both working. Then we saw each other at night before bed or sometimes not at all if he was working 24 hours.
Now I see him for a few minutes in the morning and when he gets home from class about 5 p.m. He's been going for a swim at the black sand beach on campus after school. One day this week I went with him. But if I don't go, we have dinner together around 6 p.m. He tries to get to the library by 7 p.m., and I see him at midnight when he gets home. So we still have a few hours every day to talk and it really is similar to our old work schedule. Actually, I may even see him more.
Here is a picture of the tacos I cooked one day this week. Cooking in my kitchen is similar to camping. Not a lot of space, and washing dishes is a pain. Also, minimal utensils to work with. Luckily I've been camping a lot.
Apparently my new favorite hobby is shopping because it seems I've been every day this week. I'm getting some things we need for the apartment like a wall clock and a power strip and glass bowls we can microwave and then some things we don't need so much like some hair gel and a fancy pepper grinder and some swimming goggles.
Then there is the grocery store, which I have been to three times this week. I keep going back because, since I ride the bus, I can only carry so many bags home. And if I'm out anyway, why not cruise the grocery store for a few more things to eat. It takes a while to stock up too. So one day I got butter and then another day I got eggs and another day I got some Tupperware. And yesterday all the lunch meat was gone so I had to stop by today to get some since they had restocked.
But I'm putting myself on a shopping moratorium until Monday. It's getting a little creepy. The people who work at the mall and the grocery store and the hardware store are starting to recognize me and Brigit (my shopping buddy). And the monopoly money is flying out of my wallet. I am blowing through what seems like a million ECs which may only be $10 US but the whole conversion thing, well, whatever. You know math is not my strongest skill. So I vow to get my new shopping addiction under control.
1 comment:
We miss you guys. Hope all is going well and sorting itself out. The island looks beautiful, can't wait to visit. Already looing forard to some christmas camping.
Post a Comment