C.J. received an e-mail Friday with this one sentence enclosed:
Your preliminary placement for Fall 2010 is Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY.
Did that make your heart race a little bit? Cause that's what it did to me. In addition to what feels like about a thousand butterflies hurling themselves around my insides between my rib cage and my belly button.
I...am...freaking...out. Are we really moving to New York City??? Maybe not, hence the word "preliminary," but this is making it feel more real. Which is making me feel more scared.
Scared about leaving my comfort zone here and starting all over in an environment that Could Not Be More Different than this place. Holy urban jungle and freezing cold winter and outrageous rent for a shoebox apartment. Have we lost our minds?
3 comments:
I'll be here waiting to give ya'll a big welcome and a hug! Plus the cold won't be here for a least a few months after you get here, that will help.
Let us know if you need anything! There are some great online delivery services that might make having a baby here easier. Fresh Direct for groceries, Drugstore.com for household products and Seamlessweb for food. Can't wait to see you guys again!
Dude, I am totally freaking out! We leave in a week and a half. Don't feel ready yet again. And I am all over Teresa's comment. I have been doing a ton of delivery research. Ha! Enjoy your time in Grenada :) xo - K
Post a Comment