I'm proud and happy to report that yesterday was C.J.'s last final at St. George's University in Grenada. I can't believe that this moment he has worked so hard for has come and gone.
Today we are cleaning the apartment, packing, running errands and anticipating the arrival of C.J.'s dad and stepmom tonight. We're excited to show them around the island for a few days and enjoy everything one last time.
We have many emotions - happy this semester is over, sad we are leaving, happy we are leaving, sad we are saying goodbye to friends we may not see for a long time if ever again, happy to see old friends in just a few days.
Last week I went to IGA and two pharmacies to find size 3 diapers for Liam and every store was out. That was frustrating. It made me look forward to America.
Last night we built a bonfire on the beach at sunset and cooked smores with some other families. That made me sad we are leaving Grenada.
My next blog will probably be a reflection about this place from 2,000 miles away. We will be on to the next adventure, but we will always treasure the memories of the two years we lived in the Caribbean.
1 comment:
Please let CJ know congratulations from us. I wish you a wonderful visit with your family, and a safe and happy trip home.
Looking back on Grenada will be something we'll do forever. Your blog has been absolutely amazing, and you'll have such good and vivid memories because of it.
Just the other day, Chris & I were at the Botanical Gardens looking at tropical plants. Chris said "I miss Grenada!" with a big ol' sad face. It really was a magical time :) I'm so grateful to have had the experience and to have had you as my neighbour.
See you stateside Lady!
Post a Comment