I think Jennifer was unfazed by the third-world aspects, comfortable in our little apartment, surprised by the friendliness of the people here and very fond of the gorgeous beaches.
After all, that's what it is all about. Relaxing on the beach. The day-to-day frustrations of not having available groceries, driving, drying laundry, etc. are irrelevant when you can sit in a lawn chair all day with a good book and gaze at the ocean.
We went to the beach five days in a row, which is a personal record for me. It really made me appreciate living on a Caribbean island. A highlight was the day we went to La Luna, a high-end resort here, and did yoga at a beach side pavilion.
An SO friend of mine teaches this yoga class and had invited us to come check it out Monday morning. I admit, I am not a big fan of yoga. If I'm going to go to the trouble of putting on work out clothes it better be for something that gets my heart rate up.
Yoga hasn't ever seemed strenuous enough, and that whole mind-body thing, I guess I'm not doing it right cause I don't really get it. Well, that was before I did yoga at a beach side pavilion! Let me tell you, that is the way to go.
Seeing the gorgeous blue ocean water and hearing the waves crashing while breathing deeply and listening to a soothing instructor's voice tell you to love yourself really does put you in a serene and meditative state.
Also, since I'm pregnant, yoga is in line with my fitness level right now. Many yoga poses are similar to exercises recommended during pregnancy - exercises that I'm not really motivated to do at night in my living room.
After yoga we had lunch by the water and laid out on the most comfortable beach chairs which were more like couches. Oh yeah, and Cosmo was doing a photo shoot while we were there, if that tells you how nice this place was.
I'm thinking yoga on Mondays is going to be a regular thing from now on. Also, I'm thinking of a few people I know (Karen, Sharon, Erin - wow, their names rhyme) who could really dig this.
View from my spot in yoga class
Zen grounds at La Luna
2 comments:
Hi Julie - I can still remember the peaceful tranquility of living life in a third world country and the friendliness of the people. Just reading your article made me serene. I have other relatives doing Skype, but I don't have a webcam on my PC....guess I need to go buy one. I hear it's a great way to keep in touch. Donnie
I love the pics, takes me right back. I wish I could be there doing yoga on the beach, fabulous.
Post a Comment